Norwich City’s Korey Smith’s loan deal at Barnsley extended to end of season
Norwich City midfielder Korey Smith's loan to Barnsley has been extended to the end of the season.
The 21-year-old has made six Championship appearances for the Yorkshire club after signing a month-long loan in January.
The deal has run out but he has re-signed at Oakwell until April 28.
'Korey has been good for us and I am very happy to retain him,' said Barnsley boss Keith Hill.
'I spoke to Paul Lambert this week and he was happy to let Korey stay with us.
You may also want to watch:
'It has been difficult for Korey at times to adjust to playing for Barnsley after a long time out with injury. But he is a top player.'
Smith made just one appearance for the Canaries this season, in the Carling Cup against MK Dons, before suffering an ankle injury that required surgery.
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 3 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 4 More than 50 pupils sent home after student tests positive
- 5 Four men caught at £2m Norfolk cannabis factory
- 6 Whale washes up off Norfolk coast
- 7 MPs call for Norfolk to be in own coronavirus tier
- 8 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 9 Welcome to our new website
- 10 Missing pregnant woman found
'I'm really enjoying my time here,' Smith told Barnsley's official website. 'I'm looking forward to carrying on my work with Keith Hill and David Flitcroft and continue developing and gaining some more experience.
'I hope I can play my part and help get some points on the board.'
Barnsley are currently 14th in the Championship and are at home to Nottingham Forest on Saturday.