Norwich City’s Korey Smith joins Yeovil Town on loan
Norwich City midfielder Korey Smith has joined League One side Yeovil Town in a 93-day emergency loan deal.
Smith joined Gary Johnson's side in time to make his debut as a second-half substitute in the Glovers' 1-0 defeat at MK Dons on Saturday.
He replaced Gozie Ugwu after 62 minutes, but the Dons secured victory with a Charlie MacDonald goal 15 minutes from time.
The 21-year-old Smith signed a one-year contract extension with the Canaries in the summer, after first signing as a professional in 2008.
He has made 73 first team appearances for City, scoring four times.
You may also want to watch:
His last senior outing came in the 4-0 Carling Cup home defeat by MK Dons in August 2011. Last season the Hatfield-born Smith appeared 12 times for Championship side Barnsley during a three-month loan spell.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 5 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 6 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 7 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 8 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 9 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
- 10 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m