Norwich City’s Jacob Murphy ‘distraught’ over Blackpool social media gaffe
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Jacob Murphy is 'distraught' after his social media gaffe cut short a Blackpool loan spell, but Neil Adams is confident the youngster has learned a painful lesson.
Adams planned to sit down with the teenager on Friday to get his version of the events that saw Murphy's loan stint at the Tangerines end abruptly following an image of him that appeared to mock the Championship strugglers. The City boss is not ruling out disciplinary action after Murphy over-stepped the mark.
'Of course we are disappointed, as much as Jacob is in himself, and we need to decide whether we go down the disciplinary route with him,' said Adams. 'He knows he has let himself down, he knew that straight away and we will deal with that. When I learned what had happened of I was disappointed myself. We'll review it internally and if there is any action we feel needs to be taken then we will.
'I think it is fair to say it's about growing up. He has to learn. Maybe with a few more years and an older head on his shoulders he probably doesn't do what he did, but all I can say is the lad is distraught and upset by it. We'll sit down and look into it properly in due course but Preston is more important to me right now.'
Adams also plans talks with Elliott Bennett following his return from Brighton with the midfielder touted with a fresh loan move to old club Wolves.
You may also want to watch:
'Benno is a fantastic person and a good player. I need to have a look at it now. It doesn't automatically presume he comes back from one loan and goes out again on another one,' said Adams.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 3 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 4 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 5 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 6 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 7 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 8 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 9 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 10 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m