Norwich City’s home clash with Watford switched to final week of Premier League season
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City's home encounter with Watford has been moved to the final week of the Premier League season.
The Hornets have progressed to the semi-finals of the FA Cup and will take on Crystal Palace at Wembley on the weekend of April 23-34.
That clashed with the Hertfordshire side's scheduled trip to Carrow Road, which has now been switched to a 7.45pm kick-off on Wednesday, May 11.
The switch means that City's final three games will now see them host Manchester United on Saturday, May 7 and Watford on Wednesday, May 11, before travelling to Everton on Sunday May 15.
Those dates are still subject to potential adjustments for television coverage.
You may also want to watch:
The Canaries' main rivals in the battle for top-flight survival, Sunderland and Newcastle, have also had some of their fixtures rearranged.
Newcastle will play their game in hand against Manchester City on Tuesday, April 19, which was postponed due to the Citizens reaching the Capital One Cup final.
- 1 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Do you recognise this man?
- 5 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 8 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 9 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 10 How former teacher jailed for abuse of young boys was pillar of community
Sunderland's game in hand against Everton will now be played the same night that Norwich play Watford, on Wednesday, May 11, having been postponed due to the Toffees involvement in the FA Cup sixth round at the weekend.
• The fixture change means the date of the Norfolk Senior Cup final, between Dereham Town and Norwich United, at Carrow Road will now have to be rearranged.
Chelsea (H) – Sat, May 7
Everton (H) – Weds, May 11
Watford (A) – Sun, May 15
Man Utd (H) – Sat, May 7
Watford (H) – Weds, May 11
Everton (A) – Sun, May 15
Palace (H) – Sat, April 30
Aston Villa (A) – Sat, May 7
Tottenham (H) – Sun, May 15