Norwich City’s home clash with Watford switched to final week of Premier League season
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City's home encounter with Watford has been moved to the final week of the Premier League season.
The Hornets have progressed to the semi-finals of the FA Cup and will take on Crystal Palace at Wembley on the weekend of April 23-34.
That clashed with the Hertfordshire side's scheduled trip to Carrow Road, which has now been switched to a 7.45pm kick-off on Wednesday, May 11.
The switch means that City's final three games will now see them host Manchester United on Saturday, May 7 and Watford on Wednesday, May 11, before travelling to Everton on Sunday May 15.
Those dates are still subject to potential adjustments for television coverage.
You may also want to watch:
The Canaries' main rivals in the battle for top-flight survival, Sunderland and Newcastle, have also had some of their fixtures rearranged.
Newcastle will play their game in hand against Manchester City on Tuesday, April 19, which was postponed due to the Citizens reaching the Capital One Cup final.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 3 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 9 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 10 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
Sunderland's game in hand against Everton will now be played the same night that Norwich play Watford, on Wednesday, May 11, having been postponed due to the Toffees involvement in the FA Cup sixth round at the weekend.
• The fixture change means the date of the Norfolk Senior Cup final, between Dereham Town and Norwich United, at Carrow Road will now have to be rearranged.
Chelsea (H) – Sat, May 7
Everton (H) – Weds, May 11
Watford (A) – Sun, May 15
Man Utd (H) – Sat, May 7
Watford (H) – Weds, May 11
Everton (A) – Sun, May 15
Palace (H) – Sat, April 30
Aston Villa (A) – Sat, May 7
Tottenham (H) – Sun, May 15