Norwich City’s girls come through Tottenham Hotspur test
Norwich City's Girls' elite squads have taken part in a two-day training camp, which included a fixture against Tottenham Hotspur Girls.
The girls' elite programme is part of a three-tier advanced programme at Football in the Community (FITC).
The Elite programme comprises of three age groups – under-10, under-12 and under-15. Participants of the programme attend weekly training sessions throughout the season.
All three age groups took part in closely-contested fixtures, with the under-10 match, in particular, standing out.
For several of the Norwich under-12s it was their first taste of nine-a-side football and they matched an experienced Tottenham side right to the final whistle.
You may also want to watch:
For the under-15s it was a tough challenge and they can be commended for their work effort they demonstrated during the game against such tough opposition.
Emma Fletcher, girls' and women's football development officer, said: 'The girls train once a week in their squads and receive a mixture of technical and tactical based sessions.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 4 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 5 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 6 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 7 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 8 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 Family's tribute to much loved motorcyclist, 21, involved in A10 crash
'It is important that the girls get the opportunity to play together in match situations and Tottenham have a very good set up, so we were delighted that they agreed to bring their teams.'
She added: 'The girls were a credit to the scheme and they should be proud of their performance during the two-days of the training camp'.
• If you would like to become involved or help the Girls Centre of Excellence please call the FITC office on 01603 761122.