Norwich City’s frightening frontline can fire Canaries to the Premier League
- Credit: PA
Alex Neil is ready to unleash Norwich City's attacking arsenal to fire the Canaries towards Championship promotion.
Fit-again frontman Lewis Grabban boosted City's potent striking stocks when he returned from ankle surgery during the second-half of the stirring 2-1 league win at Bolton.
Gary Hooper plundered an 93rd minute winner, with Grabban and 19-goal top scorer Cameron Jerome on the pitch as well against the Trotters, and Neil insists that firepower can tip the balance.
Norwich face Leeds at Elland Road on Tuesday evening one point and one place behind leaders Bournemouth in the race for the Premier League.
'I hope it can make the difference,' said Neil. 'If you look at Watford at the top end of the pitch they have that as well, even Bournemouth, who are top scorers in the league so I don't think the teams in and around us who we are competing with are short in that department, but we certainly have quality throughout the squad.
You may also want to watch:
'Gary did what he does best at Bolton and I thought Lewis looked relatively sharp, he started really well and had a great chance to make it 3-1 at the end. Cameron was fantastic. He led the line really well and it is good to have that competition.
'It brings the best out of both of them and at times between now and the end of the season I will play the pair of them together, like in the second half.'
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 10 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed