Norwich City’s Declan Rudd urged to keep the pressure on John Ruddy
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Neil Adams is urging Declan Rudd to keep the pressure on Norwich City number one John Ruddy.
Rudd has made two cup appearances this season after returning to his boyhood club in the summer following a season-long loan stint at Preston where he was an ever-present in the Lilywhites run to last season's League One play-offs.
Mark Bunn's return to fitness in a midweek development outing only increases the competition, but Adams is well aware he must get the balance right with Rudd.
'Dec had a full season at a good level of football with Preston and of course what you don't want is to watch them have that sort of buzz and enjoy that involvement at senior level and then it is not quite there,' said Adams. 'Dec has been fine and that is where Tony Parks (goalkeeping coach) plays a big part in monitoring how they are.
'There does come a point, whether they are a keeper or an outfield player, when they are going to need games and minutes and it is a lot more difficult with the keeper situation. You can't give them half and hour here and there as you might with an outfield player.
You may also want to watch:
'It is the same for all three. They are competing for places. There is the possibility of loans, but I wouldn't want any of them to go at the minute but on any given match day you have to upset one because you can only pick two. Mark had a longer term injury so Dec has that shirt at present behind John. It's the same as any position in the side, it comes down to who is performing the best in my opinion.'
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 4 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 5 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 6 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 7 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 8 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back