Norwich City’s Chris Hughton - No scars from Premier League defeat ahead of Fulham FA Cup reunion
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Fulham's Boxing Day win at Carrow Road will have no bearing on the outcome of their FA Cup third round tie.
Chris Hughton expects a different line-up from the visitors to the one his side faced nine days ago in a 2-1 Premier League defeat which still rankles with the Norwich City boss during a festive period when they took points from Sunderland and Crystal Palace and arguably deserved more in defeat to Manchester United.
'I don't think that game will have a bearing. The teams we both send out will be different,' he said. 'It won't be as if we don't know enough about them. They have had mixed fortunes like us in recent games but they will be good opposition.
'They have rotated the squad a fair amount even in their last few league games so perhaps we would expect that again, but they have quite a big squad in terms of numbers. We will just look after our own business.
'That was definitely the biggest disappointment for us during this period. More so probably the second half of the game after we had missed some chances that would have seen us secure a big lead going into half-time.
You may also want to watch:
'If you take the away games at Sunderland and Palace then they are probably better results if we had also got the Fulham win at home.
'Anyone who saw the Manchester United game would not argue we should have got something and probably that should have been a win. Overall we have been tighter as a team of late after a couple of heavy defeats earlier in the season. Now we have to look to score the goals that will win these games.'
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 4 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 5 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 6 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 7 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 8 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back