Norwich City’s bid for Leeds United midfielder Jonny Howson accepted
Leeds United have accepted a bid for midfielder Jonny Howson from Norwich City.
A statement on the Championship club's official website said: 'The club has reluctantly accepted the offer on the basis that the player only has six months of his current contract remaining and has expressed a desire that he would like to play Premier League football at the earliest opportunity.
'The club has been in discussions with the player about a new contract at Elland Road for more than 12 months, but he has been steadfast in his position that he would like the opportunity to play Premier League football and on that basis Jonny hasn't felt in a position to commit himself to Leeds United at this moment in time.
'The player would be able to leave on a free transfer at the end of his current contract.
'While accepting the offer on Tuesday the player has still to agree terms with Norwich and we are disappointed the matter has become public at this stage.'
You may also want to watch:
Norwich City also issued a public statement on their official website: 'Norwich City can confirm that they have had an offer accepted from Leeds United for their captain and midfielder Jonathan Howson.
'The move is still subject to the player completing a stringent medical and agreeing personal terms at Carrow Road.'
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 3 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 4 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 5 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 6 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 7 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 8 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 9 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low
- 10 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival