Norwich City’s Bennett eyes Premier League start
Norwich wide player Elliott Bennett pressed his claims for a Premier League starting spot with an impressive second half cameo in Saturday's 3-0 friendly win against Coventry.
Bennett picked out Steve Morison to double Norwich's lead after Aaron Wilbraham had put Paul Lambert's side ahead inside the opening two minutes at the Ricoh.
The former Brighton flyer then hammered a long range third past Joe Murphy to seal an emphatic win.
'That's all you can do,' he said. 'Everyone just wants to get fit and I am happy the gaffer put me on today. It's all about building fitenss up for the new season. I was pleased with the goal. A few people made some good runs off me, I looked up, fancied it, and it went in.
'We have plenty of really good players who can create and score goals and that is why the club has done really well over the past two seasons.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 3 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 4 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 5 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 6 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 7 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 8 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 9 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 10 Man dumped rubbish at beauty spot after he 'forgot to put his bins out'