Norwich City’s Alex Neil confirms Robbie Brady pursuit enters the end game; Andre Wisdom is also on his radar
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Alex Neil insisted on Tuesday night Robbie Brady is not yet a Norwich City player – but the transfer saga is entering its final throes.
Neil was adamant Irish media reports earlier in the day stating the 23-year-old had completed his £7m move to Carrow Road were wide of the mark, but Brady has been in Norfolk since Monday to finalise personal terms and undergo a medical.
'Things are in motion at the moment but until it is actually over the line and done there is not much I can say,' said Neil, after watching City's 1-0 friendly defeat to West Ham at Carrow Road. 'I don't know where the reports came from that the deal is done, it is on-going and it continues to be and until it is done what else can I say? He has been down at Norwich and negotiations have been taking place but it is not quite over the line at the minute. I would hope it would be resolved as soon as possible.'
Neil is interested in a potential loan move for Liverpool's Andre Wisdom.
The City boss confirmed after the Hammers' loss he would like to bring the young full-back to Norfolk, following speculation City have lined up a season-long loan move for a £1.25m fee.
You may also want to watch:
'He is a player we find interesting,' he said. 'We have had a bit of dialogue but, like Brady, nothing is completed. He is a player I like, we've had a look at him, he is competitive, he has done well in the Premier League and he can play in a few positions. He has played two competitive seasons in the Premier League and we can see what happens there.'
The City chief has also been linked with a move for Blackburn keeper Jake Kean to provide back-up for John Ruddy and Declan Rudd, but Neil was cool on such reports.
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 3 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 4 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 5 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 6 Driving instructor shares terrifying videos of NDR near misses
- 7 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 8 New landlords hope to serve up Thai food in suburban pub
- 9 Full-back signs for Burnley after Canaries release
- 10 Eleven people taken to hospital after Banham Poultry chemical spill
'There is nothing in that at the moment. I can't comment on that at the moment,' he said.