Norwich City rumour mill: Could it be Azerbaijan next for Kyle Lafferty?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Kyle Lafferty has been linked with a move to Azerbaijani champions Qarabeg.
Lafferty is a free agent after he was one of seven senior players released by City.
The 29-year-old striker is currently with Northern Ireland as they prepare for their World Cup qualifier in Baku next weekend.
According to the Belfast Telegraph, Lafferty is high on a list of targets for Qarabeg, who have set their sights on making the Champions League group stages next season.
Lafferty started just 11 games in three years at Carrow Road, but is no stranger to the nomadic lifestyle: he has already played in Switzerland, Italy, Turkey and Scotland.
You may also want to watch:
The Belfast paper says Lafferty would prefer to make a move to a team in the UK – he has regularly been linked with a return to Scotland and Glasgow Rangers.
Just last month, Norwich captain Russell Martin suggested Lafferty 'could end up in Azerbaijan or Kazakhstan, anywhere' – he may just be proven right.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 4 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 5 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 6 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 7 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 8 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?