Rumour mill: Crystal Palace and Leicester keeping tabs on Norwich City’s Josh Murphy
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City's Josh Murphy is wanted by Crystal Palace and Leicester City.
A report in the Mirror claims City may be forced to sell the winger because of financial issues, and that the Premier League clubs are monitoring the situation.
The 23-year-old scored a stunning goal-of-the-season contender at the weekend during the 3-1 win over Aston Villa, taking his tally to 10 league and cup goals for the season, from 36 starts.
Murphy – like twin brother Jacob – began his career in City's youth set-up and is under contract with the Canaries until the summer of 2021.
Jacob left City for Newcastle last summer for around £12 million and if City were to sell, it's likely they would be hoping for a transfer fee in the same sort of ballpark.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 PE teacher banned after getting drunk and showing her breasts at school prom
- 2 Welcome to our new website
- 3 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 4 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 5 Whale washes up off Norfolk coast
- 6 MPs call for Norfolk to be in own coronavirus tier
- 7 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 8 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 9 Four men caught at £2m Norfolk cannabis factory
- 10 More than 50 pupils sent home after student tests positive