Norwich City reportedly make third offer for Blackburn goalkeeper Mark Bunn
Norwich City are reportedly closing in on the signing of Blackburn Rovers goalkeeper Mark Bunn.
According to Sky Sports the Canaries have been chasing the 27-year-old all summer and have already seen two bids rejected.
Bunn is keen to leave Rovers and handed in a transfer request after growing frustrated at his lack of first-team opportunities behind Paul Robinson.
Norwich City boss Chris Hughton has identified the former Tottenham trainee as a potential deputy to Ruddy as the Canaries plan to loan out youngsters Declan Rudd and Jed Steer.
'There are a few areas I will look at because my responsibility is to try and make us as competitive as possible,' said Hughton. 'Competitive means competition for places and the dreaded injury one, because you know there are going to be periods of a season when you are going to pick up injuries.
You may also want to watch:
'Can anything be read into it? Sometimes it can but a lot of times it can't. (Goalkeeper) is an area that I would like to bring in someone and that is not detrimental to the two young keepers we have got here. We will look at the opportunity to get one of them out on loan to get valuable experience.'
- 1 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 4 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 5 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 8 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 9 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards