Norwich City reportedly interested in Sporting Lisbon striker Ricky van Wolfswinkel
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City manager Chris Hughton is reported to have turned his attentions to Sporting Lisbon striker Ricky van Wolfswinkel.
Sky Sports has reported that the Canaries are looking to make a move for the 23-year-old but may face competition from Tottenham, Liverpool and Newcastle.
Portuguese journalist João Ruela tweeted yesterday: 'Norwich offered €10M for Van Wolfswinkel and is waiting for a reply till Sunday. Sporting Lisbon is looking to sell him.'
The Dutch international has recently been linked with a move to Newcastle with his agent Lous Laros quoted in the Newcastle Journal: 'I won't name specific clubs as that is a private matter, but what I will say is there is big interest in Ricky from England.
'I have passed on this information to Sporting and it is up to them to come to any agreement and then we could negotiate.
You may also want to watch:
'Can something happen this month? In football, you just never know what might happen. We are laid-back about the situation.
'Ricky is like any player in that he is ambitious and the Premier League is a fantastic place. He is happy for the moment in Lisbon. There have been reports that he has requested a transfer, but that is not true.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 6 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 7 City confirm midfielder exit
- 8 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 9 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 10 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
'I know the club well. I spoke to them a lot in the summer when they tried to buy Luuk de Jong, who is also our player. They are not in such a good position right now in the league, but that is a good club.'