Norwich City reject improved Chelsea offer for John Ruddy - report
- Credit: PA
Norwich City have reportedly turned down a second bid from Chelsea for 'keeper John Ruddy.
Blues' boss Jose Mourinho is said to have failed with a second, and improved, offer for City's England international, according to Sky Sports News.
The Sun claimed last week that the Canaries rejected an initial £5m approach for the shot-stopper. But that hasn't prevented the Stamford Bridge outfit coming back in this afternoon with a second approach for the 26-year-old.
Ruddy's reputation has grown since he arrived at Carrow Road from Everton for £400,000 in July 2010. And now Mourinho is thought to want him to push Petr Cech for the number one slot on his return to the West London hot seat.
However, City boss Chris Hughton is expected to put up a fight to keep hold of the St Ives man and said last week he was a key part of his plans ahead of the forthcoming campaign.
You may also want to watch:
'John is no different to any player we have here. Any interest in any of our players is just a mark and a testament to how well those individuals have done,' said the City boss.
'We start back training on Thursday. John is very much part of our plans and will be here. Then we go away to Austria next week and of course John is very much part of that. Any interest shown in any of our players is just a mark of how well they have done. We see very much John's future here and we look forward to him being here.'
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 4 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 5 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 6 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 7 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 8 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 9 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 10 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail