Norwich City reject improved Chelsea offer for John Ruddy - report

John Ruddy is reportedly attracting the interest of Chelsea. Picture: Jon Buckle/PA Wire

John Ruddy is reportedly attracting the interest of Chelsea. Picture: Jon Buckle/PA Wire - Credit: PA

Norwich City have reportedly turned down a second bid from Chelsea for 'keeper John Ruddy.

Blues' boss Jose Mourinho is said to have failed with a second, and improved, offer for City's England international, according to Sky Sports News.

The Sun claimed last week that the Canaries rejected an initial £5m approach for the shot-stopper. But that hasn't prevented the Stamford Bridge outfit coming back in this afternoon with a second approach for the 26-year-old.

Ruddy's reputation has grown since he arrived at Carrow Road from Everton for £400,000 in July 2010. And now Mourinho is thought to want him to push Petr Cech for the number one slot on his return to the West London hot seat.

However, City boss Chris Hughton is expected to put up a fight to keep hold of the St Ives man and said last week he was a key part of his plans ahead of the forthcoming campaign.


You may also want to watch:


'John is no different to any player we have here. Any interest in any of our players is just a mark and a testament to how well those individuals have done,' said the City boss.

'We start back training on Thursday. John is very much part of our plans and will be here. Then we go away to Austria next week and of course John is very much part of that. Any interest shown in any of our players is just a mark of how well they have done. We see very much John's future here and we look forward to him being here.'

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus