Norwich City reject David Fox is a wanted man again
- Credit: Archant
David Fox has gone from unwanted man at Norwich City to key man at Colchester United.
The midfielder endured two seasons of virtual anonymity at Carrow Road before he was released in the summer, before heading back to Essex.
The 30-year-old is on a short-term deal that expires early next month, but Us boss, Tony Humes, wants him to stay – Fox is now the only fit outfield player over the age of 25 in the squad.
'I have spoken to David (Fox) about lengthening his deal from January,' confirmed Humes, whose team entertain Peterborough in the second round of the FA Cup tomorrow.
'David has gone off to think about it, because his family is based up north and he's got to think about himself. He's enjoying his football, and he's playing week in, week out.
You may also want to watch:
'We would very much like David to stay, because if we lose another experienced player, then it leaves us with a really, really young squad.
'We would then have to go elsewhere to look to bring someone in with experience to replace David.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 3 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 4 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 5 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 6 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 7 More than 70 speeding drivers snared in police day of action
- 8 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 9 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 10 Person dies after being hit by train
'But hopefully David will stay. Discussions will be going on, probably next week once this Sunday's game is over and done with. Hopefully we will be able to get something agreed.'