Norwich City recruits will enjoy warm welcome, says settled Michael Turner
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
With City fans' focus on arrivals and exits at Carrow Road during this month's transfer window, Michael Turner admitted it is nice to endure it as a settled player.
As a Chris Hughton summer arrival from Sunderland, the Norwich centre-back will be one of those sitting reasonably comfortably this month.
And he knows first hand that any player set to start a new chapter at the Canaries will be made to feel part of the set-up quickly.
'Obviously I was really happy to come here in the summer and I hope I'm here to stay for a good while, so I don't think there's anything going to be going on in January for me,' said Turner.
'And of course, that's a nice feeling. There are things going on all around you, players going here, there and everywhere.
You may also want to watch:
'So it's obviously nice to know you are at a club and one that is going places hopefully.
'I'm sure the manager is looking to bring players in.
- 1 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 4 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 5 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 6 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 7 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 8 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 9 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 10 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
'Every club has to take the opportunity to bring players in; Premier League clubs will always do that just to freshened things up and add quality to what we have got here already. The lads probably half expect someone will come through the door and if they do then great, but if they don't then we will just crack on and do what we have been doing.
'They are a really nice bunch of lads and they helped me to settle in early on when I came here, like all the new players.
'They make you feel welcome, it's a great team spirit here and a great place to be.'