Norwich City rack up another eight friendly goals
Norwich City's travelling fans were given a double reward for their efforts to follow their team to Germany as the Canaries reeled off successive 4-0 friendly wins in Gottingen.
The unusual mini tournament saw City take on the joint hosts in separate 45 minute games before sitting back to watch the home teams round-off the night by meeting in the third mini round robin encounter.
For City boss Paul Lambert the format gave him the opportunity to use two almost completely different line-ups to help ease nearly all of his senior players further along the road towards match fitness.
George Francomb was the only player to start both 'halves' – and he was replaced in the second by Korey Smith, who had started the first.
In all Lambert was able to use 20 players with only Adam Drury, Aaron Wilbraham, Anthony Pilkington and Zak Whitebread of the touring party sitting the game out.
The first 45 minutes, against Sparta Gottingen, saw new boy James Vaughan twice target with further goals coming from Simeon Jackson and Francomb.
The second, against RSV Gottingen, saw defender Elliott Ward score two and one each for Steve Morison and Elliott Bennett.
- 1 Major incident in city after reports of stabbing
- 2 Film crews for Paramount crime series to visit ANOTHER Norfolk village
- 3 Range Rover hit by train after straying onto level crossing
- 4 Woman stabbed in neck and arm in city park
- 5 Six fire crews battle large field blaze in south Norfolk
- 6 Woman in 50s arrested after house sealed off in quiet street
- 7 46-cabin holiday park proposed for Norfolk countryside
- 8 Here's when parents can get complimentary tickets to BeWILDerwood
- 9 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 10 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
• Norwich City (v Sparta): Ruddy, Francomb, Tierney, Barnett, De Laet, Korey Smith, Crofts, Vaughan, Holt, Chris Martin, Jackson.
• Norwich City (v RSV): Rudd, Russell Martin, Lappin, Francomb (sub Korey Smith), Ward, Johnson, Bennett, Fox, Morison, Hoolahan, Surman.
Meanwhile, it was announced last night that their second tour outing, against non-league side FS Wacker Nordhausen at the Albert Kuntz Sportspark on Saturday will be open to the public with a 3pm kick-off (local time – 2pm British time). It had earlier been said to be 'behind closed doors.'