Norwich City quartet are called up for World Cup qualifiers
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City duo Russell Martin and Steven Naismith have been called up to the Scotland squad, ahead of next week's World Cup qualifier against England at Wembley.
Martin won his 28th cap for his adopted nation during a damaging 3-0 defeat in Slovakia last month, which followed just days after a 1-1 draw with Lithuania in Glasgow.
Naismith wasn't involved in either game and has only been on the fringes of the Canaries team but has 43 caps to his name and has a chance to be involved against England on Friday, November 11 (7.45pm kick-off).
There is no place in the squad for City midfielder Graham Dorrans, who has not played for his country since October 2015, and Steven Whittaker has only recently returned to training following minor stomach surgery.
Gordon Strachan's team are three points adrift of Group F leaders England after three matches of their qualification campaign.
You may also want to watch:
Canaries midfielders Wes Hoolahan and Robbie Brady have retained their places in the Republic of Ireland squad ahead of a trip to Austria on Saturday, November 12 (5pm kick-off), as they look to keep pace with Group D leaders Serbia.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 10 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed