Everything you need to know about the Norwich City promotion parade
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City will celebrate promotion to the Premier League with a civic reception and parade on Bank Holiday Monday, followed by the Wesley Hoolahan and Russell Martin celebration match at Carrow Road.
Here's all you need to know about the celebrations planned for May 6:
You may also want to watch:
The day will start at City Hall just after 9am, with Community Sports Foundation trustee and broadcaster Jake Humphrey opening the event from the balcony.
Players and staff will then step out onto the balcony for interviews with Jake from 9.30am to 10.30am.
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 5 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 6 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 7 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 8 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
- 9 Petrol station staff to receive awards for attempting to save baby's life
- 10 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
An accessible viewing area for fans with disabilities will be situated opposite City Hall and any fans who would like to arrange access are asked to contact the Club's Supporter Liaison Officer, Stephen Graham, in advance by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01603 721902 option 1.
The celebratory parade will start at 11am from Theatre Street.
The route will take the team down Red Lion Street, Upper King Street and Tombland, ending at Palace Street at around 12.15pm.
In order for the parade to take place, the following road closures will be in place:
6am – 1pm Bethel Street
St Peters Street
8am – 1pm Agricultural Hall Plain
Rampant Horse Street
Red Lion Street
Upper King Street
Wes v Russ Match
Prior to kick-off at 2.30pm, the First Team squad and coaching staff will complete a final pitch parade at Carrow Road to thank fans for their support this season.
The Wes and Russ celebration match will then kick-off at 3pm, with Simon Thomas and Jake Humphrey confirmed as the managers of the teams.
A host of former and current City stars are returning for the game, and both sides will wear the 2011-12 Premier League Norwich City kit – Team Wes lining up in green and Team Russ wearing yellow.
Proceeds from the match will go to Norwich City's Community Sports Foundation, as well as the players' chosen charities. Wes will be supporting Stepping Stones of Norwich and Temple Street Hospital in Dublin, while Russ will be supporting the Russell Martin Foundation and Crohn's and Colitis UK.
Parking will be available throughout the day at County Hall, with the car park opening at 7am. The cost will be £6, available to pay on the day, and any profits will be kindly donated to the Community Sports Foundation.