Norwich City preview: Betting odds ahead of Leeds United test
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City spoiled Brighton's Championship title-winning party. Can they apply the fatal blow to Leeds' fading play-off hopes at a sold out Elland Road?
City certainly must feel they owe Garry Monk's side one after painful league and cup defeats earlier this season. The pedants may argue Norwich drew 2-2 after extra-time in the League Cup last 16 tie, but it was the Whites who were celebrating after a penalty shoot out win. Chris Wood scored in both games and the Championship's top scorer is as short as 100/30 to repeat the trick and open the scoring for the hosts on Saturday.
Ronaldo Vieira's swinging long range shot earned Leeds all three points in dramatic fashion at Carrow Road back in November. The young midfielder with the memorable name is available at 16/1 to score first for Leeds. Cameron Jerome and Nelson Oliveira head the market predictably for Norwich. But Jonny Howson has already scored once before at Elland Road against his old club in a Norwich shirt. The man from Morley is 12/1 to score first for Norwich. Expect an under-stated celebration if that is the case.
Leeds need a win to revive flagging play-off hopes. A full house should guarantee a stonking atmosphere.
You may also want to watch:
• Match Odds (Odds supplied by Sky Bet)
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 4 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 5 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 6 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 7 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 8 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
Leed United: 23/20 Draw: 13/5 Norwich City: 11/5
• First Goalscorer market
Chris Wood 100/30
Souleymane Doukara 11/2
Marcus Antonsson 6/1
Pablo Hernandez 13/2
Kemar Roofe 7/1
Modou Barrow 9/1
Ronaldo Vieira 16/1
Cameron Jerome 5/1
Nelson Oliveira 13/2
Jacob Murphy 15/2
Steven Naismith 17/2
Yanic Wildschut 9/1
Wes Hoolahan 11/1
Jonny Howson 12/1
Graham Dorrans 12/1
No goalscorer 12/1