Norwich City poised to face Wilfried Zaha and Fabio Da Silva after they join Cardiff City
- Credit: PA
Cardiff City have strengthened their options by signing two Manchester United players ahead of their home clash against Norwich City tomorrow.
The Bluebirds have landed 21-year-old winger Wilfried Zaha on loan until the end of the season as well as signing full-back Fabio Da Silva on a permanent deal.
The pair look likely to go straight into Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's squad when the Premier League basement boys welcome the Canaries this weekend. Zaha will be champing at the bit having only made four appearances for David Moyes' troops this term following his decision to sign for then-United boss Sir Alex Ferguson in January 2013. One of his two starts came against Norwich in the League Cup.
The Welsh outfit are three points from safety and six points behind Norwich and will be hoping to replicate their FA Cup form, which has seen them beat Newcastle United and Bolton Wanders since Solskjaer replaced former City defender Malky Mackay at the helm, to avoid being cut adrift at the foot of the table.
Since his arrival, owner Vincent Tan has also allowed his new manager and United legend to bring in Norwegian trio Magnus Wolff Eikrem , Mats Moller Daehli and Jo Inge Berget as well as Stoke City striker Kenwyne Jones.
You may also want to watch:
Cardiff's busy January is in stark contrast to that of Norwich who have, as of yet, only signed Jonas Gutierrez and Joseph Yobo on loan. The window closes at 11pm this evening.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 3 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 9 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 10 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town