Norwich City player-of-the-year Robert Snodgrass completes record-breaking Hull City transfer move
- Credit: PA
Norwich City player-of-the-year Robert Snodgrass has completed his move to Hull City for an undisclosed fee which is believed to be a club record for the Canaries.
The Scottish international's protracted switch was confirmed late on Monday afternoon after Snodgrass signed a three-year deal with the Tigers to remain in the Premier League this coming season.
City chief Neil Adams admitted Hull's approach was too good to turn down.
'Robert was excellent for us last season, displaying a fantastic attitude and commitment,' he told the club's official site. 'He's one that we would have liked to have stayed to be part of our squad in the Championship as we aim to get promoted, but the financial figures involved have made it a deal which we had to do. We certainly wish Robert all of the very best for his future career and thank him for all of his hard work for Norwich City during his time with us.'
Snodgrass scored 12 Premier League goals in 67 top flight appearances for Norwich following his move from Leeds in July 2012. The 26-year-old travelled to Humberside last week after City agreed a fee for the midfielder before undergoing a medical and accepting personal terms.
You may also want to watch:
Snodgrass will join up with his new team-mates at pre-season training next week.
'Having spoken to the owners and the manager here, and having seen the plans they have for this club, I was very keen to be a part of it all,' he told Hull's official site. 'Once the fee was agreed between the two clubs, it all happened very quickly and everything the club has done to get the deal completed has been unbelievable. This is the start of an exciting new chapter for me and for my family and I just can't wait to get started now.'
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 3 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 4 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 7 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 8 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 9 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back