Norwich City pair Steve Morison and Andrew Crofts selected for Wales trip to US
Norwich City pair Steve Morison and Andrew Crofts are facing up to an extended season after being named in the Wales squad for the friendly against Mexico later this month.
Both men will be jetting out to the United States for the fixture at the MetLife Stadium in New Jersey on Sunday, May 27.
Also in the squad is ex-Canary Craig Bellamy, who looks set to extend his international career after being included by Chris Coleman.
The 32-year-old Liverpool forward had been considering calling time on his Wales career following the death of former manager and close friend Gary Speed in November.
It had been thought that Bellamy's appearance as captain in February's Gary Speed Memorial Match against Costa Rica would mark his 68th and last cap, but he now looks likely to continue playing into Wales' 2014 World Cup qualifying campaign.
You may also want to watch:
While Bellamy is included there is no place for Aston Villa defender James Collins. He fell out of favour towards the end of Speed's time in charge, with Cardiff's Darcy Blake becoming the preferred partner for Swansea's Ashley Williams.
Danny Gabbidon and Rob Earnshaw also miss out on a place in the 23-man squad, while Wolves goalkeeper Wayne Hennessey was unavailable due to his torn cruciate ligament, meaning Chelsea's Rhys Taylor is handed his first call-up.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 4 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 5 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 6 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 7 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 8 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 9 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 10 City recruitment chief linked with Boro exit
• Wales: J Brown (Aberdeen), L Price (C Palace), R Taylor (Chelsea), D Blake, (Cardiff), N Eardley (Blackpool), C Gunter (N Forest), A Matthews (Celtic), S Ricketts (Bolton), N Taylor (Swansea), A Williams (Swansea), J Allen (Swansea), A Crofts (Norwich), D Edwards (Wolves), A King (Leicester), J Ledley (Celtic), A Ramsey (Arsenal, captain), D Vaughan (Sunderland), G Bale (Tottenham), C Bellamy (Liverpool), S Church (Reading), S Morison (Norwich), H Robson-Kanu (Reading) S Vokes (Wolves).