Norwich City out to enjoy the big party
BETTING: Norwich are already quoted at 12/1 to win next season's Championship, but first they'll want to savour the fruits of a campaign that started as unpromisingly as it could and ended in glory.
Norwich are already quoted at 12/1 to win next season's Championship, but first they'll want to savour the fruits of a campaign that started as unpromisingly as it could and ended in glory. Carlisle will applaud the League One champions before tomorrow's duel, but they will want do everything they can to upset Carrow Road's party atmosphere.
City kick off as Totesport's understandably short 4/9 favourites to secure a maximum haul, whereas the Blues arrive as Partybets' 15/2 underdogs. The draw is offered at 7/2 by Betdaq.
Norwich took a first-half lead when the sides met at Brunton Park earlier this season, though they never added to it. Punters expecting a repeat can get 4/5 (Stan James) against City holding a half-time advantage, while Betfred posts 21/20 in favour of them being 1-0 ahead.
Should Norwich score early, a sizeable number of fans will expect them to grab a hatful and if this sounds like a plausible scenario, then 888sport's 6/5 for City to win when kicking off with a one-goal deficit cannot be ignored. Paddy Power rates the Canaries a 17/20 shot to keep a clean sheet and William Hill offers 15/4 about Paul Lambert's men scoring four or more.
In other markets, bet365 rate the chances of the game's opening goal arriving before the 25th minute as a 10/11 shot.
Elsewhere, Victor Chandler considers the likelihood of the fixture yielding between two and three goals to have a 17/20 chance and in the correct score markets, there has been considerable support for several outrageous outcomes. However, Carlisle have not travelled all this way to be cannon fodder - remember they beat City 3-1 in the FA Cup - and while a 3-0 home victory, priced at 8/1 by online firm Jaxx.com, is entirely possible, backing something less comprehensive could pay dividends.
- 1 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 2 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 3 Cyclist in her 50s dies in A11 crash
- 4 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 5 Michael Bublé concert bans chairs and blankets from gig
- 6 Husband sues hospital over 'medical neglect' death of wife
- 7 How much will Great Yarmouth's new Marina Centre cost?
- 8 Norfolk's landmark vote to curb second homes
- 9 Redundancy leads to Norfolk mum earning up to £3,000 a month
- 10 Roadworks and closures to be aware of in Norfolk this week