Opposition view: Jury is still out on new Barnsley boss following away defeats
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Ahead of this evening's rearranged fixture at Oakwell, Norfolk-based Barnsley fan William Yeomans provides some insight from the Tykes camp after two losses on the bounce.
What are your early impressions of recently appointed head coach Jose Morais?
Jury is still out, the first game 2-1 loss to Burton was disappointing especially the first half display. Improvements since although the 2-0 win at Birmingham was against a side in poor form. Good battling point against Hull although the team became too defensive after going 1-0 up. The last two games have been away to Cardiff (losing 2-1) and Middlesbrough (a 3-1 defeat) – difficult games. Both were slow starts but we played better when 2-0/3-0 down!
Has he made many obvious changes in his first five games?
Morais has recently gone for three up front with some 'first' choice players sidelined.
You may also want to watch:
Swansea striker Oli McBurnie seems to have made a big impact since joining on loan, just how good is he?
Always has a goal in him. Great acquisition and should have been with the team in the previous transfer window as we have been lacking a 25-goal-a-season forward. Has scored five in seven so far.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 10 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed
Which other players have performed well this season?
Liam Lindsay has been a quality acquisition (from Partick), especially after losing so many good defensive players.
And which players have disappointed?
The forwards have disappointed prior to the transfer window as we were short of goals Also (former head coach) Paul Heckingbottom for leaving at a key point in the season and to go to a rival in Leeds, although understand the move to increase his wages.
Have you been surprised that this season has become a relegation battle?
Having supported Barnsley for 36 years – most seasons are a relegation battle in the Championship!
Paul Heckingbottom's side looked good at Carrow Road, do you see tonight as one you should be winning?
Barnsley were the better side at Carrow Road but happy with a 1-1 after previous run of defeats and still '80 years of hurt at Carrow Road' (last win 1937). With a four-point gap to the teams above us and a run of three home games we need to start winning and tonight would be a good opportunity.
Any players in the Norwich squad you are wary of?
James Maddison, obviously, and Nelson Oliveira cutting in from the flank and shooting from 25 yards.
And lastly, what is your prediction for the game?
Obviously 2-1 to Barnsley, with three penalties!
• Do you know an opposition fan who would like to feature? Get in touch with us via email on email@example.com