Norwich City new boy Pierre Fonkeu keen to make his mark now he’s signed on
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
It was a quiet transfer deadline day for Norwich City – but one of the few arrivals is keen to make his mark.
Striker Pierre Fonkeu could well make his first appearance since a pre-season trial with the Canaries, as a City XI travels to Lowestoft Town tonight (7.30pm) – having officially signed a two-year deal on the final day of the summer window.
'I'm really excited to have joined Norwich,' said Fonkeu. 'I'm looking forward to what the future brings. I was on trial with the squad and enjoyed being with them.
'All the lads are really good. I'm a mix of a striker in the way I play, being big and quick but also quite skilful. I want to improve myself, play games and score goals.'
Fonkeu is set to develop with Matt Gill's Under-23 side this season, having come through the ranks at Belgium's Club Brugge.
You may also want to watch:
The 20-year-old Belgian forward scored for City's development squad during their pre-season tour of Germany, in a 2-1 win over SC Rot-Weiß Oberhausen.
- 1 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 2 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 3 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 4 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 5 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 6 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 7 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 8 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 9 Joy and relief as Latitude passes off successfully
- 10 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home