Norwich City new boy Kyle Lafferty set to miss Italian tour opener
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
Kyle Lafferty is poised to miss the opening match of Norwich City's Italian tour against Serie C side Novara on Sunday with a leg injury.
Canaries' boss Neil Adams confirmed on Saturday the Northern Irishman is unlikely to be risked after suffering a leg injury prior to the club's departure on Friday. Lafferty has scored in both pre-season friendly wins over Dereham and Braintree but with Ricky van Wolfswinkel staying at home after picking up a minor knee injury, Adams is ready to adopt a cautious policy with the big targetman.
'Kyle picked up the injury on the same day Ricky picked his up, but thankfully it doesn't look too bad,' Adams told the club's official site with Lafferty only taking part in a light session at the club's Saint Vincent training base on Saturday. 'We're hoping he'll be ok but I'm not sure if he'll play in the first game. We'll need to see how he is on the day, but obviously if there's any soreness there then we won't risk him.'
Adams also confirmed van Wolfswinkel is expected to be out for between ten days to a fortnight after scans revealed knee damage after a training session on Thursday.
City host Novara at their Chatillon Saint-Vincent training base in the Aosta Valley on Sunday. Kick off 6pm (CET).
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 2 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 3 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 4 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 5 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 6 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 7 Couple's heartbreak leads to 28 hour stream to support baby loss charity
- 8 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 9 Three taken to hospital after eight crews battle holiday park blaze
- 10 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women