Norwich City new boy Andre Wisdom out to impress Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers
- Credit: Archant
Andre Wisdom is on a mission to boost Norwich City's Premier League bid and force his way into Liverpool's first team.
The Canaries' loan signing is set for his first City outing in Saturday's final pre-season friendly against Brentford after completing a season-long move from Anfield.
Wisdom made his Premier League debut at Carrow Road, but the 22-year-old is yet to nail down a first team place on Merseyside under Brendan Rodgers.
'Hopefully my long-term future is there,' he said. 'You have to keep working hard and prove yourself at this level. He just said go and enjoy it and learn as much as you can. Liverpool is a great club and they are fighting for big things this season so, for me, if I want to develop I need to gain more experience.
'At every big club it is going to be hard for a young player. Liverpool do give young players opportunities if they are good enough, and I have had those, but right now I need to get experience so I can go back and be a regular at Liverpool.'
Wisdom was touted with a return to Championship club Derby, where he had a previous loan stint along with West Brom, but the Canaries is an ideal location.
'There was other loan interest but knowing a few lads here as well this was an easy decision,' he said. 'I had a great time at Derby but as part of my development I need to kick on and Norwich is a perfect place. I know Youssouf (Mulumbu) and (Graham) Dorrans from West Brom and Nathan Redmond and so I have played against most of the lads and seen some socially. It has been a good couple of days. The lads seem a good bunch.'
- 1 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 2 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC
- 3 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 4 Star-studded line-up announced for free Norfolk festival
- 5 RAF flypast to pass through Norfolk's skies
- 6 Norfolk's 100 Jubilee street parties revealed
- 7 World record? 24 ducklings spotted waddling through Norfolk village
- 8 George Ezra to host album launch show in Norwich
- 9 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
- 10 'Long-awaited in the area' - New Norfolk deli celebrates local produce