Norwich City midfielder Vadis Odjidja can shine on the Premier League stage
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Alex Neil is urging Vadis Odjidja to launch his Norwich City career in the Premier League.
The Belgian international's first 12 months in Norfolk were blighted by a series of injuries which limited him to one senior league start.
Odjidja arrived last summer from Club Brugge with a big reputation and the 26-year-old has shown the City boss enough glimpses in pre-season to suggest he can make a top-flight impact.
'You have to remember this is a boy who has been out for the best part of a year and we have managed to get him in good shape at the moment and we want to keep him at that level,' said Neil. 'Time will tell how we use him. I certainly hope he can make his mark in the Premier League. He certainly has that quality and you could see the vision he possesses in terms of his range of passing (against West Ham). He did well in the game. In possession of the ball and attacking-wise he was a threat. Out of possession we still probably have a little bit of work to do.
'I think we can improve on that. I just need to try and make sure we get that work ethic to marry up with what he has on the ball and if we can get that and combine the two there is no reason why he can't be an important player for us.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 3 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 4 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 5 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 6 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 9 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship