Norwich City midfielder Tony Andreu aims to prove he can cut it in England during Rotherham loan stint
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City's on-loan midfielder Tony Andreu is out to prove he can cut it in English football during a loan stint with Championship strugglers Rotherham.
Andreu has linked up with the Millers until January 2 and City team mate Vadis Ofoe has also moved to south Yorkshire on a short-term deal.
Both are in Steve Evans' squad for this weekend's Championship trip to Charlton, and Andreu aims to make up for lost time after limited opportunity to impress since his Carrow Road move in January.
The Frenchman was Alex Neil's first signing when he followed his former Hamilton mentor south but has made only six substitute appearances for the Canaries.
'I am really happy to be in England. Unfortunately I have not played much but I hope to play well here and get some points with this team,' he said. 'The move was very quick. I had a call from Steve and he told me he wanted me and Vadis to come on loan and I was very happy. I think this is a good chance for me, a good club with a good recent history.
'We expected things to happen on the final day of the window but we didn't know when. Just before the deadline I had a call saying I needed to go to the stadium to sign the paperwork so it was a rush at the end but a happy ending.
'I know the manager, I know his personality. He was really straightforward, he said he wanted me for four months and he was really honest. He made me come here with a lot of positivity.'
- 1 Norfolk deli owner suffers severe spinal injuries in Ibiza diving accident
- 2 Driver died in crash with tractor after misjudging corner on rural road
- 3 Revealed: Where dangerous parasite has been reported in Norfolk
- 4 All-you-can-eat Chinese buffet at Riverside closes
- 5 Possible foot and mouth disease case investigated at pig farm
- 6 Bid to build five industrial units in Norfolk village
- 7 Much-loved dungaree brand to open one of only three UK stores in Norwich
- 8 New poo transplant facility coming to Norwich after £500k funding boost
- 9 Man in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash in north Norfolk
- 10 Man admits hiding camera to film 14-year-old girl in shower
Andreu and Ofoe both featured in Norwich's recent 2-1 Capital One Cup win against Rotherham at the New York Stadium, with Evans purring over the Belgian international's display. Ofoe set up Jonny Howson for the opening goal on the night and was a constant threat.
'It's nice when the coach has confidence in you and believes in you,' said the former Club Brugge midfielder. 'I'm very happy to be here and I'm hoping to put in good performances so that the manager and the fans continue to have the same idea. I will try my best to help and just give every game 100pc.
'It's good that we had some time to train together and get to know each other. Hopefully there will be a space at Charlton for me in the starting 11 and I can help the team but I will always try my best whatever the gaffer says and if he needs me I will always be ready.'
• City youngster Louis Thompson looks set to join Andreu and Ofoe on loan, with former club Swindon lining up a move until January.
The 20-year-old has not featured in the first team under Alex Neil and was part of the development squad during the opening weeks of this campaign.