Norwich City midfielder Conor McGrandles faces six months out after double leg break
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City's on-loan midfielder Conor McGrandles faces six months out after successful surgery on a double leg break injury.
McGrandles was due to be discharged from Inverclyde hospital on Wednesday lunchtime after suffering the injury in Falkirk's 1-0 Scottish Championship win over Morton on Saturday.
The 20-year-old, who joined the Bairns in January on a loan deal until the end of this season, was stretchered off with his right leg in a splint following a challenge with Morton's Joe McKee near the end of Falkirk's 1-0 away victory.
Bairns' boss Peter Houston, however, is backing McGrandles to return stronger from his serious injury.
'I visited him yesterday and he is getting out today. The surgeons are very happy with it in terms of the X-rays,' Houston told the Falkirk Herald. 'The surgeon was so pleased with the work he has done. It was a clean break and Conor being a young, dedicated player he will sort that out. The surgeon says three months in plaster, three months in rehab.
You may also want to watch:
'He is going to have to be patient but there is plenty of other work he can do in terms of other aspects of his physique. I'm sure Norwich will build him up further and being at a big club like that he'll have the best of equipment to get fit again. There will be certain situations when they can rehab him on a one-to-one basis. It has put a dampener on Saturday to see any player, particularly one I have brought in on loan get such a severe injury.
'I spoke to Alex Neil immediately after the game and both he and Frankie McAvoy have spoken to him. He recognises it's football. It could happen at Norwich, at under-20s, at training. All we want is to help Conor and his family any way we can.'
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 3 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 4 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 5 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 9 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 10 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed
McGrandles made five appearances for the Bairns in his second spell at the club after joining Norwich in a reported £1m deal in August 2014. McGrandles has made only one senior appearance for his parent club, in Norwich's 6-1 Championship win over Millwall in December 2014.