Norwich City starlet joins Cambridge United on loan
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Adam Phillips has signed for Cambridge United on loan for the rest of the season.
The former Liverpool trainee, who signed a two-year deal with City last summer, has been allowed to join the League Two side to gain regular first team football.
The 19-year-old was named among the substitutes for senior games against Brentford and Preston North End in the Carabao Cup and Sky Bet Championship respectively, but is yet to make his senior debut.
Matt Gill, City's Under-23s manager, told canaries.co.uk: 'It's fantastic for Adam and the next step on his path.
'He's been terrific throughout the first half of the season and deserved the opportunity to train and be on the bench for the first team a couple of times.
You may also want to watch:
'He'll now go to Cambridge and play football under a good coach in Shaun Derry. Myself and Adam went to their game on Saturday when they beat Crewe Alexandra, so he has a good taste for it.
'I know he's really looking forward to getting stuck in and trying to get himself in the team.'
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 3 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 4 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 7 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Loan possibility remains for Skipp
Phillips has made 14 appearances for the Canaries' development side this season, scoring two penalties, and has also featured as an unused substitute for the first team in two matches.
A fracture of his back hindered Phillips' development at Liverpool but he had previously played for the first team during pre-season under Brendan Rodgers in 2014.