Norwich City starlet joins Cambridge United on loan
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Adam Phillips has signed for Cambridge United on loan for the rest of the season.
The former Liverpool trainee, who signed a two-year deal with City last summer, has been allowed to join the League Two side to gain regular first team football.
The 19-year-old was named among the substitutes for senior games against Brentford and Preston North End in the Carabao Cup and Sky Bet Championship respectively, but is yet to make his senior debut.
Matt Gill, City's Under-23s manager, told canaries.co.uk: 'It's fantastic for Adam and the next step on his path.
'He's been terrific throughout the first half of the season and deserved the opportunity to train and be on the bench for the first team a couple of times.
You may also want to watch:
'He'll now go to Cambridge and play football under a good coach in Shaun Derry. Myself and Adam went to their game on Saturday when they beat Crewe Alexandra, so he has a good taste for it.
'I know he's really looking forward to getting stuck in and trying to get himself in the team.'
- 1 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 4 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 5 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 6 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 7 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 8 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
- 9 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 10 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
Phillips has made 14 appearances for the Canaries' development side this season, scoring two penalties, and has also featured as an unused substitute for the first team in two matches.
A fracture of his back hindered Phillips' development at Liverpool but he had previously played for the first team during pre-season under Brendan Rodgers in 2014.