Norwich City match-winner Martin Olsson earned his moment in the Premier League spotlight
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Martin Olsson deserved his moment in the spotlight after a frustrating Premier League season for the Norwich City left-back.
The Swedish international rifled home a 93rd-minute winner to seal a priceless win in only his 14th league start after falling behind Robbie Brady in the pecking order until the Canaries' recent upsurge.
'He is a great lad, he trains really hard, he is an excellent player and there is nothing better than to see a lad come back into the team and get the winning goal. I was over the moon for him,' said City chief Alex Neil. 'Martin is a quality player. He is Sweden's left-back so that tells you everything you need to know about him. He is a solid, solid defender and I thought he worked (Andros) Townsend really well because he is a good player. He was delighted of course to get the winner but I think you could see the other players were delighted as well because they are all in it together. They are working extremely hard.'
Neil was forced into a change on the opposite flank as well with Andre Wisdom replacing injured captain Russell Martin, and back-up Ivo Pinto also ruled out.
'He picked up a knock I think on Thursday, which was disappointing for us because Russell has done well, but I thought Andre Wisdom came in and handled (Moussa) Sissoko very well,' said Neil. 'I thought he was tailor made for that, in terms of size and stature.
You may also want to watch:
'It is probably a bit too early at this stage regarding Russ' fitness for (Crystal) Palace because it was so close to this game that it might take a couple of days to settle down. I'll probably have a better idea by Tuesday. Ivo was not well either. To be honest Andre was starting anyway, but I got a phone call late on Friday night saying he had a fever. He had been unwell the first part of the week.'
- 1 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 5 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 6 Do you recognise this man?
- 7 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 8 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 9 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 10 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021