Norwich City manager Alex Neil feeling good about transfer business
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Alex Neil is enjoying the cut and thrust of the final days of Norwich City's summer-long transfer quest.
The Canaries' chief has made personal checks on Wolves' Benik Afobe and Marseille's Nicolas Nkoulou over the past fortnight, and expects to hit the phones right through to Tuesday's deadline to complete his Premier League squad makeover.
'It will be busy but I am feeling really good about the whole thing,' he said.
'It is difficult to say how busy we will be. We are doing everything we can and that will continue to be the case, so I don't feel I have to justify myself to anyone or anyone else here who is working hard at the club.
'I have said before maybe one in three of the players we get linked to have any substance. For me to go through them all and sift through each one and tell you which may be right, which may be wrong is a waste of my time. At the moment until anything is concrete there is no point speculating.'
Norwich have failed with three bids for Afobe, and Wolves' chief Kenny Jackett is banking on his striker staying at Molineux.
'They (Norwich) are wasting their time,' he said.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 2 This is when thunderstorms will hit Norfolk this week
- 3 Fire crews to remain at scene of nature reserve blaze overnight
- 4 Man's surprise at finding virtually naked man asleep on car in Cromer
- 5 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 6 'Help yourself' - farmer gives away tonnes of onions damaged by heatwave
- 7 Holidaymakers face further severe TUI delays from Norwich
- 8 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this week
- 9 Brother and sister found dead in home were grieving beloved father
- 10 Police catch over 20 drivers speeding in 45 minutes near fatal crash site
'Although there's been renewed speculation and other bids we haven't changed internally in terms of how we feel. No figure has been discussed. The reason is that our club are not selling at this particular moment. Benik's obviously aware of the speculation but he hasn't asked for a transfer. For him what he has to do is keep scoring goals and his career will flourish.'