Norwich City manager Alex Neil feeling good about transfer business
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Alex Neil is enjoying the cut and thrust of the final days of Norwich City's summer-long transfer quest.
The Canaries' chief has made personal checks on Wolves' Benik Afobe and Marseille's Nicolas Nkoulou over the past fortnight, and expects to hit the phones right through to Tuesday's deadline to complete his Premier League squad makeover.
'It will be busy but I am feeling really good about the whole thing,' he said.
'It is difficult to say how busy we will be. We are doing everything we can and that will continue to be the case, so I don't feel I have to justify myself to anyone or anyone else here who is working hard at the club.
'I have said before maybe one in three of the players we get linked to have any substance. For me to go through them all and sift through each one and tell you which may be right, which may be wrong is a waste of my time. At the moment until anything is concrete there is no point speculating.'
You may also want to watch:
Norwich have failed with three bids for Afobe, and Wolves' chief Kenny Jackett is banking on his striker staying at Molineux.
'They (Norwich) are wasting their time,' he said.
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 3 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 4 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 5 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 9 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 10 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
'Although there's been renewed speculation and other bids we haven't changed internally in terms of how we feel. No figure has been discussed. The reason is that our club are not selling at this particular moment. Benik's obviously aware of the speculation but he hasn't asked for a transfer. For him what he has to do is keep scoring goals and his career will flourish.'