Norwich City look to stage early raid in January transfer window
- Credit: Rob Howarth
Alex Neil aims to be fast out of the blocks in Norwich City's transfer quest to boost the Canaries' Premier League bid.
Neil has been linked with numerous targets ahead of next month's window and the Scot confirmed his homework is well underway.
'I have made it perfectly clear I want to get our business done early,' he said. 'We have a plan in place. We have had discussions with the people inside the club who are involved in that process and that is on-going until the window actually opens. Things change on a daily basis.
'It is about getting a sense of where people are and we want as much information as we can to give ourselves the best possible chance of landing players. That doesn't mean of course that is how it is going to work. It is just my preference. If we get as much done early doors it gives us a longer bedding in period and means we are not scrambling about in the last few days.
'That would be the best scenario. I hope its not the last few days, I hope we are going to be busy right through the window and that we can do a few bits of business early, but you know there will always be ones that must wait until the later stages because the other club needs to get someone in or the player himself does not know where he stands.'
Neil is not interested in giving City's Premier League rivals a competitive advantage by revealing his hand.
'Yes, we have money available and we need to make sure we utilise it and we have targets in place,' he said. 'I wouldn't talk about specific positions but we need to add more depth. We need to get bodies in to give us a hand.
- 1 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 2 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 3 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
- 4 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 5 Norfolk couple: 'We’ve lost £30k in cryptocurrency scam'
- 6 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
- 7 Eleventh McDonald's drive-thru could be set for Norwich
- 8 A47 closed for several hours following crash in west Norfolk
- 9 PICTURES: The best-dressed punters at Fakenham Ladies Day
- 10 Boat users given fines over £16k for breaking rules on Norfolk Broads
'I think one of the things that has made it more difficult for us is we didn't strengthen the squad as much as we wanted before the season started and hopefully we can put that right, because it makes things easier moving forward.'
•Who should Norwich target in the January transfer window? You can leave your thoughts below.