Norwich City loan watch: Matthews saves a penalty for Plymouth, as Wildschut helps keep Cardiff in the hunt
- Credit: Dave Rowntree/PPAUK
Yanic Wildschut came on as a substitute in just the 13th minute of Cardiff's 2-0 home win over Bolton, helping Neil Warnock's team move within a point of the top two in the Championship.
In League One, fellow Canaries loanee Carlton Morris came off in the closing stages as Shrewsbury returned to the top of League One with a 2-1 win at Fleetwood on Tuesday night, although Ben Godfrey was an unused substitute.
City keeper Remi Matthews saved a late penalty to make sure of a 4-2 home win over Wimbledon as the Pilgrims won their fourth match on the spin to move within three points of the play-offs.
In League Two, midfielder Adam Phillips was an unused substitute as Cambridge won 3-2 at Chesterfield in caretaker boss Joe Dunne's first match.
Jake Hallett kept a clean sheet as Mildenhall won 2-0 at home to Witham in Bostik League Division One North but Todd Cantwell was unused as Fortuna Sittard lost 2-0 at AZ Alkmaar II in the Dutch second tier on Monday.
You may also want to watch:
• Watch footage of Matthews' penalty save in the video above
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 6 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 7 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 8 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 9 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 10 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'