Norwich City loan watch: Godfrey help Shrews warm up for Wembley with victory
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Ben Godfrey helped Shrewsbury return to the automatic promotion places in League One, ahead of the Shropshire side's trip to Wembley.
The high-flying Shrews bounced back from a 3-1 defeat at Rochdale on Good Friday with a 3-2 home win over Oxford on Easter Monday, playing the full 90 minutes in both games.
Carlton Morris played all of the Rochdale defeat but was an unused substitute against Oxford. Both will now hope they will feature in Sunday's Football League Trophy final against Lincoln, a 3pm kick-off being shown live on Sky Sports.
Remi Matthews kept a clean sheet as Plymouth won 4-0 at home against Southend on Friday but was not in action on Monday after Argyle's trip to Scunthorpe was postponed, leaving them ninth but a point adrift of fifth in a tight play-off battle.
Yanic Wildschut was a late substitute for Cardiff in both a 3-1 home win against Burton and a 1-1 draw at Sheffield United as the Bluebirds stayed second in the Championship.
Rangers bounced back from 2-0 down at Motherwell to draw 2-2 and stay second in the Scottish Premiership, with Russell Martin playing the full game and conceding an early penalty.
Aberdeen remain level on points after a 4-1 home win over St Johnstone in which Kenny McLean played the full match, as did Steven Naismith in a 1-1 draw at Dundee for Hearts.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 2 Man's surprise at finding virtually naked man asleep on car in Cromer
- 3 Weather warning extended as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 4 Two men arrested after fire caused by disposable BBQ at country park
- 5 Plans for roundabout at accident blackspot set for submission
- 6 Holidaymakers face further severe TUI delays from Norwich
- 7 Elizabethan manor house with 20 acres and a pool on sale for £2.75m
- 8 Man who rushed to help woman stabbed in city park feared she might die
- 9 9 celebrities who have been spotted in Norfolk in 2022
- 10 Stunning drone shots capture high tide in Wells
Back in England, Diallang Jaiyesimi was not involved in either of Grimsby's game over the Easter weekend and Adam Phillips was not involved as Cambridge won 3-1 at home to Crawley before seeing a trip to Morecambe postponed. Paul Jones remains on the bench during Exeter games.
Louis Ramsay played the opening 81 minutes of Woking's 2-1 loss at Torquay in the National League on Monday, with Michee Efete an unused substitute for the hosts.
While over in Germany on Saturday, Marcel Franke played all of a 1-1 home draw against Nurenberg for Dynamo Dresden, as Todd Cantwell missed Fortuna Sittard's 2-0 home win over Helmond Sport in the Dutch second tier on Monday, sitting out a fifth game.