Norwich City loan watch: Naismith misses penalty during miserable weekend for loanees
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
It was a rather miserable weekend for Norwich City's loanees, with Steven Naismith seeing a penalty saved in the Scottish Premiership.
Hearts remain top but the Scotland international saw his spot-kick saved during first half injury-time as Livingston held out for a 0-0 draw at Tynecastle – extending their unbeaten start under former Canaries player and coach Gary Holt to four matches.
Back in England, Yanic Wildschut came on in the 87th minute as Bolton held out for a 0-0 draw at struggling Ipswich, despite being reduced to 10 men midway through the first half.
Left-back James Husband missed Fleetwood's 1-0 defeat to Southend in League One due to a stomach bug which was affecting Joey Barton's squad. Diallang Jaiyesimi was brought off the 56th minute of Yeovil's 3-0 home defeat to Swindon in League Two, coming off when the score was still 0-0, but Tristan Abrahams was not involved in Exeter's 3-1 home win over Cheltenham.
Over in Holland, midfielder Savvas Mourgos came off in the 72nd minute as Dordrecht lost 2-1 at MVV Maastricht, to stay bottom of the second tier with one point from six games.
You may also want to watch:
While in Germany, Marcel Franke couldn't prevent Darmstadt from losing 4-1 at Dynamo Dresden – where the defender spent the second half of last season on loan – in Bundesliga II.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 3 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 4 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 5 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 6 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 7 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 8 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 9 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 10 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner