Norwich City loan round-up: Jacob Murphy and Carlton Morris find the net away from Norfolk
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Jacob Murphy smashed home an incredible strike but was left crestfallen as Coventry City tasted defeat.
The on-loan Norwich City winger blasted a 25-yard thunderbolt into the top corner at Walsall but it was not enough to prevent the Sky Blues from slipping to a 2-1 defeat.
'It is a disappointed changing room,' Murphy told the League One outfit's official website.
'To go two goals down we had to come out fighting and up our game. It's nice to get a goal, it's one of my better ones and there is more to come. But it doesn't matter at all. I think we were good enough for a point as we were much better in the second-half.'
Murphy's Canaries' team-mate Carlton Morris – also temporarily donning the colours of another club – found the net for Hamilton Academical. The striker's second goal in two games helped the Accies triumph 2-0 at Inverness.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, fellow City loanee Remi Matthews was an unused substitute during Burton Albion's 2-1 League One success over Peterborough United.
Video supplied by Coventry City's official YouTube channel.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 10 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls