Norwich City linked with Celtic midfielder Beram Kayal and Swansea striker Danny Graham
Norwich City were today reported to be preparing a bid for �5m-rated Celtic midfielder Beram Kayal.
Manager Chris Hughton was in Glasgow yesterday to watch the SPL champions beat Motherwell 1-0.
Gary Hooper's 18th goal of the season and a penalty save from Fraser Forster gave Celtic victory, but one national newspaper claims Hughton was there was to assess Kayal, back in the side after recovering from a series of injuries.
Under contract until the summer of 2015, the Israeli international played 71 minutes before heading off for the two week winter break.
Sky Sports also claimed today that the Canaries and Reading had made approaches for Swansea City striker Danny Graham.
Graham joined the Swans in the summer of 2011 when Brendan Rodgers paid Watford more than �3million for his signature.
Meanwhile, City midfielder Jacob Butterfield, back from his loan spell with Bolton, is reported to be signing for Crystal Palace on a month's loan.
- 1 Crumbling coast fear means Norfolk's 'golf ball' radar must be moved
- 2 Rare insect spotted in Norfolk for first time in nearly 100 years
- 3 Pub gets dozens of calls asking - 'Do you know there's a dog on your roof?'
- 4 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 5 City chip shop might be SINKING but refuses to close
- 6 Norwich street named one of the most beautiful in the world
- 7 Yobs pictured climbing on vandalised charity dinosaur
- 8 The days you can visit Wroxham Barns for a fiver this month
- 9 Restaurant with 'interactive dining experience' to open in Norwich
- 10 'We just want to hold our son' - Plea for help to bring miracle baby home
Butterfield, 22, has made just two first team appearances for the Canaries since his summer move from Barnsley, both in the Capital One Cup.