Norwich City legend backs charity golf marathon
Norwich City legend Bryan Gunn has helped to launch a new charity golf day which organisers hope will become the biggest annual event of its kind in the world.
The CharityGiving800 Golf Marathon on Wednesday, May 16, is open to anyone who wants to raise money for their favourite charity by testing their golfing skills against up to 800 other golfers, including celebrities, professionals and amateurs.
Any charity or good cause anywhere in the world qualifies for this charity golf day which will be an individual and a team tournament with the overall individual winner's charity receiving a fantastic �5,000 donation and the team winners receiving �2,000 to donate to the charity of their choice.
Entry to the event, which is being organised by CharityGiving, costs �15 per person (�60 a team) which allows you to set up your own personalised fundraising page in order to collect sponsors and raise as much money as possible for your chosen charity.
Gunn, who is a trustee of Charity Giving, which supports all charities with events, online giving and efficient administration services, said: 'The real winners on the day will be dozens of charities and good causes, because we are asking everyone who plays to raise money for any charity of their choice – it's going to be like the London Marathon for runners, where everyone is doing something they love doing, but for their own special good cause.
'We are arranging for quite a few celebrities to be around and take part in the day, so golfers will be able to see how they do against them!'
All the set-up and administration will take place online, making it very simple and easy to take part and raise funds, and scores will be posted online as soon as players complete their round.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 3 Man dies of collapsed lung after 'busy' hospital meant x-ray was missed
- 4 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 5 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 'It is a cash cow' - vicar's warning after being slapped with parking fine
- 8 Norfolk garden centre wins 27th gold medal at Chelsea Flower Show
- 9 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
- 10 Neighbours shock at ‘unexplained’ sudden death of woman
Gunn added: 'We have put together a really different type of charity golf day, one which anyone can take part in, and I really hope that Norfolk golfers, societies, businesses and charities will get involved to make this a great success.
'It is simple to register, and everyone has a great chance to raise a lot of money for their favourite charity while they have a great day's golf.
'We are delighted that Barnham Broom Hotel & Golf Club have agreed to partner with us to launch this new event in the sporting calendar, which we plan to make into a growing annual event.
'I'm looking forward to meeting up with a lot of old friends there on the day.''
More information is online at www.charitygiving.co.uk/golf800 or call the CharityGiving office on 01362 686200 to reserve places.