Norwich City land Sheffield United in potential FA Cup fourth round tie
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich will face Sheffield United away in the FA Cup fourth round if they overcome Fulham in a third round replay.
Chris Hughton's side were pitted against the League One Blades in Sunday's fourth round draw held at Wembley, but Norwich's immediate task is to beat the Cottagers in a third round replay at Craven Cottage next week after the two sides drew 1-1 at Carrow Road on Saturday - Robert Snodgrass' stooping header from Josh Murphy's cut-back cancelling out Darren Bent's earlier opener. City were on the front foot for the majority of the second half but Cottagers' keeper David Stockdale denied Ricky van Wolfswinkel with a fine close-range reaction stop.
Hughton admitted afterwards a pending trip to Craven Cottage on January 14 just four days before Hull's crunch Premier League meeting is far from ideal.
'It is definitely a game we could have done without but we would rather still be in the competition,' he said. 'It means we are still in the hat. We would preferred to have gone through but we would rather be in the competition. I know our supporters want us to be in the competition and that is what we will try to do.'
Sheffield United knocked out former Norwich boss Paul Lambert's Aston Villa 2-1 on Saturday at Villa Park. Fourth round ties are scheduled to take place over the weekend of Saturday, January 25.
You may also want to watch:
• City officials have released ticket details for the club's FA Cup third round replay at Fulham on January 14. Tickets will go on general sale from 9am on Monday, priced £15 per person for adults, £10 for over-65s and £1 for under-17s. Club Canary coach travel will be available with details confirmed in due course. To purchase your seat or for more information call 0844 826 1902, go online or visit the Carrow Road ticket office or the Canary Stores at Chapelfield or The Mall.
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 3 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 4 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 5 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 9 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 10 Widow threatened with debt collectors after funeral director’s bill blunder