Enfield Town Ladies 2 Norwich City Ladies 3: Brydie Siryj’s debut goal nets all three points for Canaries
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City Ladies came from behind twice to claim all three points at Enfield Town Ladies on Sunday in South East Division One of the Women's Premier League.
Norwich came into the fixture knowing that three points were needed in what promised to be a tough fixture.
Just two minutes in Norwich found themselves behind as Enfield took the lead.
The match then settled down as Enfield's Nuala McKevitt picked up a yellow after 20 minutes for a clear foul.
Norwich started to take control of proceedings and just after the half hour mark Aimee Durrant got her side back on level terms with a fine finish past Enfield goalkeeper Kerrie Marlborough.
You may also want to watch:
However, against the run of play, Enfield got their noses in front again shortly after.
Norwich responded well and found an equaliser before half time when Durrant grabbed her second of the game.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 5 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 6 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 7 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 8 More than 70 speeding drivers snared in police day of action
- 9 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 10 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
Norwich started to dominate in the second half and were rewarded when Australian signing, Brydie Siryj, scored a debut goal with 50 minutes on the clock. Norwich knew they had to protect their slender lead and set out to do so by maintaining possession, trying to thwart the opposition.
With the game's intensity growing minute by minute, Norwich made a double substitution on 65 minutes, Chelsea Garrett on for Charlotte Broad and Paige Shorten for Jodie Drake.
With the midfield refreshed, Norwich maintained pressure on Enfield, who were now chasing for a point.
As the minutes passed by Norwich maintained their composure, retained possession and a final substitution saw Hayley Turner replace Elsa McDonald in defence as Norwich managed the game to the whistle.
With Norwich taking an important three points they can look forward to their next home fixture at the weekend when Actonians Ladies come to Plantation Park.
Norwich: Brogan, Daviss, McDonald (Turner 86), Diston, Parker, Durrant, Moerkerk, Durrant, Drake (Shorten 65), Broad (Garratt 65), Snelling, Siryj, Subs not used: Ward
Referee: Mark Jacob