Norwich City Ladies confirm double appointment
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City Ladies have confirmed Grant Palmer has been appointed as first team manager with immediate effect.
Palmer joins from Harlow Town Ladies and has been involved in the development of girls and women's football for over a decade in many roles.
While manager at Harlow Town Ladies, Palmer led his team to successive promotions with a perfect record, and won four cup competitions.
Palmer said: 'I'm very excited to be here; it's a great adventure and challenge for me. The future is very bright for the team and club as it continues to grow and succeed as one of the premier clubs for elite female footballers in Norfolk and the East of England.'
He added: 'I was really looking forward to coming here and seeing all of the people and learning even more about the club. I had a really good time with Harlow Town but Mel Swift and his colleagues told me all about Norwich City, their ambitions to grow and succeed both on and off the pitch, and I know what a great club it is. I'm excited to get started.'
You may also want to watch:
In addition to the appointment of Palmer, the Canaries have brought in Carla Dickinson in the role of head coach.
Dickinson has over 15 years' coaching experience in the UK and the USA and is currently assistant coach for the Essex senior representative side.
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 3 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 4 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 5 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 6 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 9 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
She is currently finishing her Masters degree in football coaching at Ohio University and is looking forward to using this knowledge and experience to set a standard of excellence at Norwich City Ladies.
Swift expressed his delight at the double acquisition. He said: 'I'm thrilled to welcome Grant and Carla on board; they were outstanding candidates and I've spent a lot of time getting to know their methods and how they work. We initially only advertised for a head coach, but eventually took the decision that bringing both Grant and Carla on board would be a real boost as we look to move the club forward.'