Norwich City Ladies 0 MK Dons Ladies 2: Canaries lose out at home
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City Ladies went down to a 2-0 defeat against MK Dons at Plantation Park in South East Division One of the FA Women's Premier League.
For the second week running forced changes dictated Norwich's formation, nonetheless as per last Sunday Norwich made a positive start.
Early opportunities at both ends went unrewarded until the Dons took the lead when Charley Clarke netted from distance with 25 minutes played. Norwich picked up the pace and, although opportunities came, they were unable to capitalise on their chances.
The first 15 minutes after the break were dominated by Dons, but the Norwich defence along with goalkeeper Laura Hartley kept the Dons at bay.
In the middle section of the half, Norwich enjoyed a decent spell of possession and mounted a wave of attacks that the Dons had to repel.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich continued to take the game to their opponents, but against the run of play the Dons made it two when Hev McDonnell netted a soft goal on 85 minutes.
The final minutes saw Norwich throw everything at Dons but without success.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 4 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 5 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 6 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 7 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 8 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
The Canaries head to league leaders Gillingham on Sunday.
Norwich: Hartley, Osborne, Radley, Parker, Ward (Belton 86), Drake, Durrant, Daviss, Swift (Snelling 72), Wiseman, Love.
MK Dons: Smith, Gillings, Howes, Doyle, Holland, Clarke, Newsome (Naylor 86), Hazard (Gooderham 75), McDonnell, Barrett, Newman (Loftus 57). Subs not used: Goodier, Shults
Referee: Barry Ereira