Norwich City Ladies 0 MK Dons Ladies 2: Canaries lose out at home
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City Ladies went down to a 2-0 defeat against MK Dons at Plantation Park in South East Division One of the FA Women's Premier League.
For the second week running forced changes dictated Norwich's formation, nonetheless as per last Sunday Norwich made a positive start.
Early opportunities at both ends went unrewarded until the Dons took the lead when Charley Clarke netted from distance with 25 minutes played. Norwich picked up the pace and, although opportunities came, they were unable to capitalise on their chances.
The first 15 minutes after the break were dominated by Dons, but the Norwich defence along with goalkeeper Laura Hartley kept the Dons at bay.
In the middle section of the half, Norwich enjoyed a decent spell of possession and mounted a wave of attacks that the Dons had to repel.
Norwich continued to take the game to their opponents, but against the run of play the Dons made it two when Hev McDonnell netted a soft goal on 85 minutes.
The final minutes saw Norwich throw everything at Dons but without success.
- 1 Norfolk pub named one of the UK's best eateries with a view
- 2 'I couldn't believe it' - West Norfolk villages hit by flash flooding
- 3 Landowner to close path after abuse from dog owners letting pets off lead
- 4 Could some Norfolk schools be set for three-day weeks?
- 5 'Help yourself' - farmer gives away tonnes of onions damaged by heatwave
- 6 Blaze near children's playground in Norwich believed to be arson
- 7 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 8 Nine fire crews tackle blaze at industrial estate
- 9 Man in 30s arrested on suspicion of drug dealing in rural village
- 10 Car carrying six children not wearing seatbelts caught on A47
The Canaries head to league leaders Gillingham on Sunday.
Norwich: Hartley, Osborne, Radley, Parker, Ward (Belton 86), Drake, Durrant, Daviss, Swift (Snelling 72), Wiseman, Love.
MK Dons: Smith, Gillings, Howes, Doyle, Holland, Clarke, Newsome (Naylor 86), Hazard (Gooderham 75), McDonnell, Barrett, Newman (Loftus 57). Subs not used: Goodier, Shults
Referee: Barry Ereira