Norwich City Ladies 0 Actonians Ladies 11: Canaries slip closer to relegation
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City Ladies slip closer to relegation after a heavy 11-0 defeat at home to Actonians Ladies.
It took just five minutes of play for the visitors to score their first and then just 15 minutes for the second when Sinthujah Sooriyakumar eased the ball past Laura Hartley, the Norwich keeper.
Norwich tried to regroup and take command of midfield, but with 30 minutes played Norwich's Jodie Drake Norwich and opponent Carla Williams were both shown red after an altercation.
Norwich having lost their influential midfielder found Actonians take charge of midfield. Actonians went on to increase their lead in the 34th and 35th minutes. A fifth came just before the half-time whistle.
The second half carried on the same way as the first with Sooriyakumar adding to Actonians' advantage.
Two more Actonians goals followed in quick succession on 60 and 63 minutes, before Norwich made a second substitution at 71 minutes Emily Moerkerk on for Natasha Snelling and a third four minutes later, Aimee Durrant on for Chelsea Garrett.
The introduction of fresh legs and a restructuring of the Norwich defence followed with little success, as Actonians scored three more times.
- 1 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 2 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 3 Drought declared in Norfolk
- 4 Nine fire crews battling large field blaze near Norwich
- 5 Corrections made to prices at Yarmouth's new leisure centre
- 6 Smoke billows over Norwich as fire breaks out at Mousehold Heath
- 7 Six fire crews battle large field blaze in south Norfolk
- 8 Behind the scenes at Britain's most dilapidated hospital
- 9 Where will be the hottest place in Norfolk this weekend?
- 10 Film crews for Paramount crime series to visit ANOTHER Norfolk village
With no points from the game Norwich sit 11th in the table and must win their last two remaining games to avoid relegation.
The first is on Wednesday in a derby against Lowestoft Town Ladies before the Canaries entertain Luton on Sunday.
Norwich: Hartley, Radley, Osborne, Parker, Daviss, Drake, Shorten, Swift (Wiseman 46), Garrett (Durrant 75), Snelling (Moerkerk 71), Love Subs not used: Coombes
Actonians: Horsnell, Murphy (Wan 55), Olofsson, Friel, Hollingsworth, Barreca, Jung, Uche, Byrne, Williams, Sooriyakumar (Duncan-Marshalleck 55)
Referee: Paul Roe