German target ‘surprised’ by Norwich City interest
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City transfer target Kingsley Schindler intends to see out his contract with Bundlesliga 2 side Holstein Kiel.
Schindler had been interesting the Canaries this summer but the 25-year-old insisted over the weekend that he will honour his contract at Holstein Kiel, which runs out next summer.
'I decided a while ago to fulfil my contract with the KSV,' he said. 'That's why I was very surprised that I was recently connected with Norwich City again.'
MORE: Six things we learned from derby dayEarlier this summer Holstein Kiel boss Tim Walter insisted the player wouldn't be sold amid interest from Hamburg.
'Of course, Kingsley Schindler would like to play in the Bundesliga, I understand that too,' said Walter, who lost last season's top scorer and one-time City target Marvin Ducksch to Fortuna Dusseldorf this summer. 'But the discussion about our players is over, that is not negotiable. Around this framework, we want to bring fresh blood, rejuvenate the squad purposefully.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 5 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 6 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 7 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 8 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 9 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 10 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone