Norwich City keeper Remi Matthews agrees contract extension; Carlton Morris in Hamilton loan switch
- Credit: Action Images
Norwich City keeper Remi Matthews has signed a one-year extension to his existing deal at Carrow Road which will keep the 21-year-old at the Canaries until at least the summer of 2017.
Gorleston-born Matthews recently returned to League Two champions Burton on a loan deal until January and is currently third choice behind John Ruddy and Declan Rudd at his parent club.
'I'm delighted to sign a new deal at the club, because this is where I want to be,' he told the club's site. 'I've been at Norwich a long time and have another year to impress now. In the long-run, I want to play here, although I'm focussing on my loan move and hopefully getting some games under my belt first.'
Matthews has yet to make a senior league appearances but aims to impress with the Brewers.
'I can't go into pre-season expecting to play the first game,' he said. 'There are another couple of goalkeepers below who will be pushing for it as well, so we'll have to see what happens. I'm there for six months so the aim is to play as many games as possible and then take it from there.'
Fellow academy prospect Carlton Morris has also joined Scottish Premier League club Hamilton on loan. Morris has previously had loan spells at Oxford United and York.
Accies' chief Martin Canning revealed earlier this summer he was hopeful of getting some of the Canaries' brightest young talent on loan after informal discussions with the man he replaced at New Douglas Park, Alex Neil.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 2 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 3 Flood alerts pass off peacefully along the north Norfolk coast
- 4 9 celebrities who have been spotted in Norfolk in 2022
- 5 Woman 'shocked' to find CCTV in Marina Centre changing room
- 6 Cromer Carnival events cancelled due to extreme heat.
- 7 Investigation closed into fatal crash where car crashed into river
- 8 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 9 How region has been saved from hosepipe ban
- 10 'Not our problem' - Tyre mountain boss exports 350 tonnes of rubber 'I know not where'