Norwich City keeper Remi Matthews agrees contract extension; Carlton Morris in Hamilton loan switch
- Credit: Action Images
Norwich City keeper Remi Matthews has signed a one-year extension to his existing deal at Carrow Road which will keep the 21-year-old at the Canaries until at least the summer of 2017.
Gorleston-born Matthews recently returned to League Two champions Burton on a loan deal until January and is currently third choice behind John Ruddy and Declan Rudd at his parent club.
'I'm delighted to sign a new deal at the club, because this is where I want to be,' he told the club's site. 'I've been at Norwich a long time and have another year to impress now. In the long-run, I want to play here, although I'm focussing on my loan move and hopefully getting some games under my belt first.'
Matthews has yet to make a senior league appearances but aims to impress with the Brewers.
'I can't go into pre-season expecting to play the first game,' he said. 'There are another couple of goalkeepers below who will be pushing for it as well, so we'll have to see what happens. I'm there for six months so the aim is to play as many games as possible and then take it from there.'
You may also want to watch:
Fellow academy prospect Carlton Morris has also joined Scottish Premier League club Hamilton on loan. Morris has previously had loan spells at Oxford United and York.
Accies' chief Martin Canning revealed earlier this summer he was hopeful of getting some of the Canaries' brightest young talent on loan after informal discussions with the man he replaced at New Douglas Park, Alex Neil.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 3 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 4 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 5 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 6 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 7 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 8 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 9 Dad uses son's ashes in a tattoo on his leg
- 10 Man dumped rubbish at beauty spot after he 'forgot to put his bins out'